Thursday, November 11, 2010

Content

Hello hello!
Its been a couple weeks, so I thought I would write. I think that both Ellyott and I have gotten every single bug/ germ / virus possible over the last 2 months... flus, colds, ear infections, tonsilitis, pink eye... you name it. ARGH... today is a good day. Today (knock on wood) we both seemed to feel good! We went to the Rememberence Day gathering in town today, and played in the snow on our way home... we napped and played for the rest of the day, and NO sign of a running nose, red eyes, stomach ache... etc etc etc, blah blah blah! YAYYYYYYYY! Whop! Whop!

I am enjoying it in Cambridge Bay. I am not finding it very cold - but actually there was only a few days that the temp went below -30, so I guess we have had it pretty easy. Apparently the weather this year is not normal.

My job is going well... somedays I feel like my head is spinning though... I have always had a difficult time trying to wrap my head around policy, and not having real practical policy experience coming into this position is a big eye opening process for me. I was a bit down in the dumps for a while because a plan I thought I had in place about going home, did not work out, so I had to come up with the money to fly E and I home for Christmas time and for an appointment that I have. I got the tickets and a place for our dog Zoey to stay.

I have seen some new beautiful things while here that I want to share. I am also going to get a better camera with a strong lens when we come back to NS in December. I saw a light phenomeon called light poles... when it is -20 or below and there are ice crystals in the air, the lights from the community extend straight up into the sky... so beautiful. No northern lights... perhaps when we stay over in Yellowknife when we are on our way home.

Well take care all and I will write soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment