Sunday, June 27, 2010

10 weeks!!!

OK, so I made some good progress this weekend! Ellyott went to hang out with his "gimpie and gimmie" aka grampy and grammy on Saturday for the whole day and then he had his first night away from me and stayed with my sister Lori. Meanwhile he was gone, I went through a huge number of boxes that we had not unpacked since moving into this house. I purged and donated 4 huge boxes of stuff to the local food and clothing bank. I seperated things I want to bring from things that are staying here. Then I did the same in the storage closet and started gathering the household items I have and need to bring. Jimmy had to fix our washer that was broken then I did like 30 loads of freaking laundry - back up from the time it was not working and also the bankets and sheets I am going to be bringing. This was a lot of work, but I am very happy with the progress!
Tonight I finished my sea lift order and sent it in! YAYYYYYY! I talked to my childcare provider who has been doing this for 20 plus years about pullups and decided to take them off of my sea lift order - aside from being super expensive, they don't seem to be very effective. My mom has started a list for me (I love my momma) of things I have and things I need... thankfully the need list is smaller than the have list!
Well I am off to bed.... sooooooo tired and I am going to be so happy to listen to Ellyott's breathing tonight on the monitor as I drift away to sleep! Night all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Tammy from Trials Tribulations and Toques. My Husband is originally from Nova Scotia, but as his father is a RCMP, as well as my Husband, they travelled from one end of the Province to the other (Bridgetown to Antigonish). My family and I are from the Island - so essentially we are moving home! Which is what we were hoping and wishing for.
    You'll have a great time in Cam-Bay - I have only stopped periodically as flights permit - but we have great friends there Tracy & Craig. So we hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    I am happy to hear back from you! Where are you going to be moving in NS? How long were you in NU? Can you share any tips? Stories of experience? General thoughts? LOL!!! What are your friends doing for work in Cam Bay? I am sure I will get to meet them! Do they have any children? You will be in NS this week? We should meet for a coffee after you are settled and before I leave at the end of August! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete